This pasta salad has a wonderfully clean and fresh flavor. It’s best chilled overnight, and wonderful to pack for lunch the day after serving. This salad does nothing but improve over time. An excellent variation would be to toss it with a cup or so of arugula. I used Juliette tomatoes in this salad. Any intensely tomatoey fruit would be good, and if Juliettes aren’t available Amarosas or Campari tomatoes would be excellent, too.
I love the shape of gemelli for pasta salads; it’s a very fork-friendly shape, and a little different than the standard rotini.
Pasta Salad with Fresh and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 lbs gemelli
- 1/2 C good tomaotes, roughly chopped and seeded if desired
- 1/2 C dried tomatoes
- 4 T fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 T olive oil plus more for drizzling
- juice of half a lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper